Things are a bit crazy out in the world, but your incredible college experience is just beginning, and we are so excited to welcome you to this new chapter in your life at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute! We want you to know that the School of Engineering First-Year Advising Hub (SoE Hub) is here to guide and support the decisions you will make to achieve your goals. Even now, you can reach out to us for support as you navigate your transition from high school to RPI!
We are here to help!
While you are learning about your new support system that is The SoE Hub, be certain to look through the rest of The SoE First-Year Advising Hub website to get an idea of who we are. Even now you can connect with your academic advisor and discover how we will support you academically in your first year at Rensselaer. We also invite you to follow us on social media, where we share important dates/deadlines, and updates from The SoE Hub.
In the meantime, you can always check back to this page for updates.
New and Updated Resources just for you, the Class of 2025!
- Support for your first college registration with our Major-Specific Registration Guides
- A cohort-specific series, The Hidden Curriculum, that welcomes you to Rensselaer academics
- A weekly, major-specific program, Industry Hour, that introduces you to alumni and current students
As you look around the SoE Hub website, you will find all of these resources that were created for previous cohorts. They are a great sneak peek of what you can expect, though your own cohort-specific resources will be what we encourage you to follow when it comes time.
Looking for information about your HASS Requirements?
- We recorded a webinar just for you! HASS Requirements for the Class of 2025
Thinking about starting as an Undeclared Engineer?
- Check this out! Starting at Rensselaer as an Undeclared Engineer
Looking for advice on laptops?
- Lenovo T14s. Minimal Recommendation: Students required to take ENGR-1200/1400 but do not see themselves engaging in any further intensive computer design/modeling/simulation.
- Lenovo X1 Extreme. Standard Recommendation: Students plan to perform moderate amount of CAD/CAM/CAE/VR/AR work *beyond* the first year required courses. This may be a good choice for those majors that do a lot of CAD work such as AERO and NUCL.
Important Registration Dates for Summer and Fall 2021:
- SoE Registration Guides emailed to your new Rensselaer email | June 21st
- Review your Registration Guide | Deadline: June 27th
- Major-specific Video Chats | June 28th to July 16th (Campus is closed on Friday, July 2)
- Fall Registration Period | July 19th to July 30th
We are super excited to hear from you!
Welcome, welcome, welcome!
- Marie, Karen, Kristin and Val