Stochastic Simulation, Risk Management, Data Analytics, Simulation Optimization
Wei Xie joined the ISE department as an Assistant Professor in August 2014. She received her M.S. and Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences at Northwestern University, M.S. and B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from University of Nebraska-Lincoln and Yangtze University. She worked at Chengdu Construction Machinery and interned at GM research center and San Diego Supercomputer Center. Her research interests focus on computer simulation of stochastic systems, risk management, and data analytics. Applications include supply chains, financial engineering and production systems. On-going research includes: simulation optimization, risk management for supply chain systems and data-driven operations management. I am looking for graduate students with strong mathematical/statistical background, good programming skill and self-motivation.
Ph.D. Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences (Northwestern University), M.S. Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences (Northwestern University), M.S. Engineering Mechanics (University of Nebraska-Lincoln), B.S. Mechanical Engineering (Yangtze University).
- Bostanabad, R., A. T. Bui, W. Xie, D. W. Apley, W. Chen. Stochastic Microstructure Characterization and Reconstruction via Supervised Learning. submitted.
- Xie, W., C. Li, H. Sun. Quantification Input Uncertainty for Dependent Input Models with Factor Structure. Proceedings of the 2015 Winter Simulation Conference.
- Yuan, Y., W. Xie, E. Zhou. A Sequential Experiment Design for Input Uncertainty Quantification in Stochastic Simulation. Proceedings of the 2015 Winter Simulation Conference.
- Zhou, E., W. Xie. Simulation Optimization when Facing Input Uncertainty. Proceedings of the 2015 Winter Simulation Conference.
- Xie, W. B. L. Nelson, R. R. Barton. Multivariate Input Uncertainty in Output Analysis for Stochastic Simulation, submitted.
- Xie, W., B. L. Nelson, R. R. Barton. Statistical Uncertainty Analysis for Stochastic Simulation. under third revision for Operations Research.
- Xie, W., B. L. Nelson, R. R. Barton (2014). A Bayesian Framework for Quantifying Uncertainty in Stochastic Simulation. Operations Research, Vol. 62, No.6, pp. 1439-1452.
- Barton, R. R., B. L. Nelson, W. Xie (2014). Quantifying Input Uncertainty via Simulation Confidence Intervals. INFORMS Journal on Computing, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 74-87.
- Kim, S. J., V. Viswanathan, W. Xie, E. C. Malthouse, L. Hollebeek. Modeling Customer (Dis)engagement with Mobile Apps: A VAR Model Approach, submitted.
- Pei, J., D. Klabjan, W. Xie (2013). Approximations to Auctions of Digital Goods with Share-averse Bidders. Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 128-138.
- Al-Qadi, I.L., W. Xie, R. Roberts (2010). Optimization of Antenna Configuration in Multiple-frequency Ground Penetrating Radar System for Railroad Substructure Assessment. NDT & E International, Vol. 43, No. 1, pp. 20-28.
- Al-Qadi, I.L., W. Xie, D.L. Jones, R. Roberts (2010). Development of a Time-Frequency Approach to Quantify Railroad Ballast Fouling Condition Using Ultra-Wide Band Ground-Penetrating Radar Data. International Journal of Pavement Engineering, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp.269-279.
- Al-Qadi, I.L., W. Xie, R. Roberts, Z. Leng (2010). Data Analysis Techniques for GPR Used for Assessing Railroad Ballast in High Radio-Frequency Environment, Journal of Transportation Engineering, Vol. 136, No. 4, pp.392-399.
- Al-Qadi, I.L., W. Xie, M.A. Elsei (2008). Frequency Determination from Vehicular Loading Time Pulse to Predict Appropriate Complex Modulus in MEPDG. Journal of the Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists, Vol. 77, pp.739-772.
- Al-Qadi, I.L. , W. Xie, R. Roberts (2008). Scattering Analysis of Ground-Penetrating Radar Data to Quantify Railroad Ballast Contamination. Journal of Nondestructive Testing and Evaluation, Vol. 41, No. 6, pp.441-447.
- Al-Qadi, I.L. , W. Xie, R. Roberts (2008). Time-Frequency Approach for Ground Penetrating Radar Data Analysis to Assess Railroad Ballast Condition. Research in Non-destructive Evaluation, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp.219-237.
- Xie, W., J. Xie (2003). Design of Mechanism Morphology and Mass Distribution for Control. Machine Design and Research, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp.31-33. (in Chinese)