biomedical imaging, biomedical instrumentation, medical devices, biophotonics
Xavier Intes received a Ph.D. degree in 1998 in physics from the University of Bretagne Occidentale (France) for his contributions in characterization of propagation of optical scalar waves in highly diffuse medium. He then joined Prof Britton Chance laboratory in 1999 as a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Pennsylvania. He held simultaneously postdoctoral appointments in the departments of Biochemistry and Biophysics, of Radiology under the mentorship of Prof Britton Chance and the department of Astronomy and Physics under the mentorship of Prof Arjun Yodh. In 2001, he acted as the Director of Research of the Medical Diagnostic Research Foundation, Philadelphia, USA, and the Director of Research of Optical Devices Inc., Philadelphia, USA. In 2003 he joined Advanced Research Technologies Inc as as ART's Chief Scientist.
Ph.D. Physics (Universite de Bretagne Occidentale (France), 1998) <br>M.S. Physics (Universite de Bretagne Occidentale, 1994) <br>B.S. Physics (Universite de Bretagne Occidentale, 1992)
- 58 journal publications; h-index: 27; Citations> 2100; http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=J5KmM0YAAAAJ&hl=en
- Published in the last 5 years:
- V.K. Lee, A. Dias, M.S. Ozturk, K. Chen, D. Kingsley, D.T. Corr, X. Intes and G. Dai, "3D Bioprinting and 3D Imaging for Stem Cell Engineering," Bioprinting, Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine book series, Springer, in press (2015).
- A Edmans and X Intes, “Mesh Optimization for Monte Carlo-based Optical Tomography,” Photonics 2, 375-391 (2015).
- Q Pian, R Yao, L Zhao and X Intes, "Hyperspectral Time-Resolved Wide-Field Fluorescence Molecular Tomography based on Structured Light and Single Pixel-Detection", Optics Letters 40(3), 431-434 (2015).
- F Yang, M Ozturk, L Zhao, W Cong, G Wang and X Intes, “High-resolution mesoscopic fluorescence molecular tomography based on compressive sensing,” IEEE Biomedical Engineering, 62(1), 248 – 255 (2015).
- F Long, M Ozturk, X Intes and S Kotha, “Dental Imaging using Mesoscopic Fluorescence Molecular Tomography: An ex vivo feasibility study," Photonics 1(4), 488-502 (2014).
- S Rajoria, L Zhao, X Intes and M Barroso, “FLIM-FRET for cancer application”, Current Molecular Imaging 3, 144-161 (2014).
- Q Pian, C Wang, W Cong, G Wang and X Intes, “Multimodal Biomedical Optical Imaging Review: Towards Comprehensive Investigation of Biological Tissues,” Current Molecular Imaging 3, 72-87 (2014).
- G Omer, L Zhao, X Intes and J Hanh, “Reduced temporal sampling effect on accuracy of time-domain fluorescence lifetime Förster resonance energy transfer,” Journal of Biomedical Optics 19(8), 086023 (2014).
- L Zhao, H Yang, W Cong, G Wang and X Intes, “Lp Regularization for Early Time-Gate Fluorescence Molecular Tomography,” Optics Letters 39(14), 4156-4159 (2014).
- L Zhao, K Abe, S Rajoria, M Barroso and X Intes, “Spatial Light Modulator based Active Illumination for Enhanced Dynamical Range and Accuracy of Fluorescence Lifetime Imaging in Small Animals,” Biomedical Optics Express 5(3), 944-955 (2014).
- M. Ozturk, D. Rohrbach, U. Sunar and X. Intes, “Mesoscopic fluorescence tomography of a photosensitizer (HPPH) 3D biodistribution in skin cancer,” Academic Radiology, 21(2), 271-280 (2014).
- K Abe, L Zhao, X Intes and M Barroso, “Quantitative In vivo Imaging of Breast Cancer Cell Internalization of Transferrin Using Near-Infrared FRET,” PLoS One 8(11), e80269 (2013).
- M Ozturk, L Zhao, V Lee, G Dai and X Intes, “Mesoscopic fluorescence molecular tomography of reporter genes in bio printed thick tissue," Journal of Biomedical Optics 18 (10), 100501 (2013).
- X Intes, “Guiding light,” International Innovation, International Innovation 9, 68-70 (2013).
- L Zhao, K Abe, M Barroso and X Intes, “Active wide-field illumination for high-throughput fluorescence lifetime imaging,” Optics Letters 38(20), 3976-3979 (2013).
- V Venugopal and X Intes, “Adaptive full-field imaging for fluorescence optical tomography,” Journal of Biomedical Optics 18(3), 036006 (2013).
- V Venugopal, J Chen, M Barrosso and X Intes, “Quantitative tomographic imaging of intermolecular FRET in small animals,” Biomedical Optics Express, 3(12), 3161-3175 (2012).
- M Pimpalkhare, J Chen, V Venugopal and X Intes, “Ex Vivo Fluorescence Molecular Tomography of the Spine,” International Journal of Biomedical Imaging, 942326 (2012).
- J Chen, Q Fang and X Intes, “Mesh-based Monte Carlo Method in Time-domain Widefield Fluorescence Molecular Tomography,” Journal of Biomedical Optics 17(10), 106009 (2012).
- X Intes, V Venugopal, J Chen and F Azar, “Multimodal diffuse imaging system,” in Biomedical Optical Imaging Techniques: Design and Applications, Springer, Chapter 7:351-374(2012).
- L Zhao, V Lee, G Dai and X Intes, “Mesoscopic Fluorescence Molecular Tomography of Tissue Engineered Vascular Construct,” Biomaterials 33 (21), 5325–5332 (2012).
- V Venugopal and X Intes, “Recent advances in optical mammography,” Current Medical Imaging Reviews 8(4), 244-259 (2012).
- X Intes and F S Azar, “Advances in optical mammography,” in Advanced Optical Imaging Technologies for Clinical Medicine, Editors N Iftimia, W Brugge, D Hammer, Wiley &Sons, Chapter 11: 307-336 (2011).
- J Chen and X Intes, “Comparison of Monte Carlo Methods for Fluorescence Molecular Tomography - Computational Efficiency,” Medical Physics 38 (10), 5788-5798 (2011).
- J Chen , V Venugopal and X Intes, “A Monte Carlo based method for fluorescence tomographic imaging with lifetime multiplexing using time gates,” Biomedical Optics Express 2, 871-886 (2011).
- V Venugopal, J Chen , F Lesage and X Intes, “Full-field time-resolved fluorescence tomography of small animals,” Optics Letters 35, 3189-3191 (2010).
- V Venugopal, J Chen and X Intes, “Development of an optical imaging platform for functional imaging of small animals using wide-field excitation,” Biomedical Optics Express 1, 143-156 (2010).
- J Chen , V Venugopal, F Lesage and X Intes, “Time Resolved Diffuse Optical Tomography with patterned light illumination and detection,” Optics Letters 35, 2121-2123 (2010).
- S Belanger, M Abran, X Intes, C Casanova and F Lesage, “Real time Diffuse Optical Tomography based on Structured Illumination,” Journal of Biomedical Optics 15, 016006 (2010).
- Book: Translational Multimodality Optical Imaging, Fred S Azar and Xavier Intes Editors, Artech House Publishing, 386 pages, 2008.